Need some healthy snack ideas that are gluten, dairy, soy, and egg-free (or almost**)? Here are a dozen.
1. Hummus with cut up veggies: carrots, celery, zucchini, cucumbers, jicama, peppers, etc.
2. Tuna salad with veggies or lettuce-leaf wraps
3. Almond or walnut butter on apple slices or celery sticks
4. Rice or almond cheese with rice cakes (cracker)
5. Trail mix of raw almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, raisins, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried unsweetened cherries, goji berries. ¼ cup
6. ½ Lara bar. These bars are mostly whole food, often contain no more than 5 ingredients and include dates, nuts, coconut, cocoa mass, and other whole foods. They are not low glycemic foods and very concentrated.
7. ½ KIND nut bar. These are high fat, moderate protein, lower than usual carbohydrate snack bars from Australia. Very satisfying due to fat content.
8. Veggie dip: Pureed lightly steamed broccoli, parsley, spinach mixed with goat cheese – not dairy free**, or tahini/almond butter. Spread on raw veggies.
9. Guacamole with cut up veggies
10. Lettuce Wraps: wrap chicken, turkey, or tuna salad in romaine or butter lettuce leaves
11. Yogurt** (not dairy free) or almond butter topped fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or other fruit.
12. Bean dip from pinto, black, or white beans with cut-up veggies